If you are into makeup, then I am sure you share with me the obsession over face highlighters. The radiance and the glow they add to your look, when added to the right spots and using the right amount, is just magical. I picked my top favorite ones to share with you. Since swatches speak louder than descriptions, I thought I would also add their swatches with and without flash photography.
- Mac Soft and Gentle: this is actually the first highlighter I bought. It is a pink/champagne glow with gold/bronze chunky flex in it…which is why it actually pulls off more warm on the skin. It is a beautiful one but keep in mind that if you have large pores, you might not like it since it will accentuate them.
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer: If you are looking for the perfect gold highlighter, this is the one to go for. It is so pigmented so you will need to use a light hand with it. It does not last all day so be sure to set it with a makeup setting mist.
- Too Faced Candlelight Glow: Although it looks white in the swatch, it is actually a very pale light gold. It is identical to Becca’s Moonstone highlighter. I actually prefer the formula of the Becca Highlighters because they are extremely soft and buttery. They also last longer on the skin.
- Becca Champagne Pop: this is my personal favorite. It is the perfect highlighter in my opinion since it has many different undertones- peach, gold, pink, and champagne. It pulls off gold on many skin tones, but it looks beautiful on people with cool undertones as well.
- Becca Opal: This is perfect if you have medium/tanned skin. It is darker than Champagne pop and more on the pink/champagne side.